Window into My World

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rebekah started ballet yesterday. She waiting in anticipation all day long. She spent most of the day drawing pictures for her "ballet party" and her "new friends" she was going to make. I told her there would be lots of other little girls her age in her class. She was a bit confused, though, and said, "Yes, mommy, but there will be two boys, too, don't forget."

Umm, okay...and how do you know that? "Because, Mommy, that's what it is on Barney."

I guess it was good there was one little boy in her class, otherwise she probably would have thought Barney was a total fake. (And I honestly can't remember letting her watch Barney. Sesame street yes, Barney, no...too annoying.)

She walked right into her class and sat on her mat like a pro. So many little girls were scared and shy and didn't want their mommies to leave, but I think Rebekah forgot I was there the moment we entered the parking lot. She wouldn't even hold my hand going in the building. Yes, she is growing up.

It was so cute watching her prance around. She was glowing and laughing and giggling and having so much fun. When I wasn't chasing Jacob around the lobby and keeping him from running in the other classrooms, I was gazing through the window at my big four year old wondering, where did that timid little red headed girl of mine go? She has grown up. So, so fast.

I have a few pictures. On my cell phone because my camera battery decided that Rebekah's first ever ballet class of her whole entire life was a great time to die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home