Window into My World

Friday, April 04, 2008

Memories

Age 3.5

I like…… dinosaurs (triceratops and pterodactyl), listening to music and books on cd, helping yourself to things in the cabinet and refrigerator (new found freedom of yours), Mario/Yoshi, going to exercise with mommy (Jazzercise), learning how the world works ("Mommy, how did Jacob get in your tummy? How did Jacob come out of your tummy? Mommy, where does pollen come from? How does it float in the wind? How do bees make honey?") You want to know how everything works.


I don’t like……the noise the laundry makes. You STILL hate that.

I am learning……..how to bargain. Lately, when mommy tells you to do anything, you bargain with a counter offer (in the politest of tones) and always end it with, "that's a good idea, Mommy!"

Funny things I say/do……playing with your brother. You like to tell him what to play. Sometimes I find him wearing purple furry hats and necklaces because you dressed him; you like to tell jokes to poppy about why the chicken crossed the road and are always making up new versions of the joke and laughing. You like to call people , "You scurvy pirate!" And ask, "You wanna knuckle sandwich???"


What makes me laugh………

Your daddy always has you cackling about something, you love the Richard Scarry "Funniest stories" book...you think they are hilarious!

My favorite….

Outing: the park, chick-fila

Toy: Bob the builder blocks/tools,

Book: richard Scarry Funniest storybook ever, Who's been here?, christopher churchmouse

Food: cheese, corn, plain spaghetti

TV show: bob the builder

Friend: rachel

Activity: cutting up paper and leaving little bits of it all over the floor, creating special projects, helping mommy cook and pay bills

Song: you love the new "wee sing songs and fingerplays" we just bought





J age 1.5

I like……playing with your sister, going outside, shoes, shoes, shoes...you hate when I take them off your feet, know where they are always kept, and walk around saying "Shoes, shoes, shoes..." Seriously!

I don’t like……going to the nursery, taking a nap,

I am learning……..how to talk...seems every day you say a new word. Most of your words are "aah!" but yesterday you said, "yes!" very clearly.

Funny things I say/do……saying "shoes" all the time

What makes me laugh………your daddy...you and daddy play basketball in your room at night and he has you cackling, the song "three bears" mommy sings...when I say "hey papa b bear said the wee little bear, someone broke my chair...aah!" You laugh so hard.

My favorite….

Outing: chickfila. You get so excited when you see the chickfila sign (pointing and s creaming)

Toy: bob the builder blocks and tools, your sister's umbrella

Book:where's spot

Food: granola bars

TV show: bob the builder

Friend: your sister

Activity: eating probably. You seem to always be munching on something!

Song: Head and shoulders, the three bears song, five little bumblebees

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger sara said...

Very cute! We get that excited about Chick fil A too :)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Mary Morrow said...

((((Jennifer!!!)))))
I have missed you somethin' awful! I posted on your xanga last week I believe.
It made me smile to know you've been keeping up with me... and now I can keep up with you since I know you're on blogspot!
Your photography impressed me girlfriend! You definitely have mad skillz! Keep it up!
BTW - where are you from... what state?

Hugs,
me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home